, , , ,


The Milford Stamp or A.G. Campbell Mill, was erected in the Fall of 1873, at a cost of $45,000. It was designed to work the ores of the Hickory Mine. In 1873-74 the mill ran successfully for five months. They used a 60-horsepower engine, two horizontal boilers, a Dodge rock crusher, wooden pans, iron settlers and a retort. Freighters bringing ore from the east mountains had to ford the river, hence the name Milford. Arvin M. Stoddard was the first settler.


Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.