In the 1860’s miners, granite quarry freighters and stagecoach drivers used a halfway camping ground 333 yards to the so. west on Little Willow Creek. Others built homes, boarding houses, 2 stores, 3 saloons, a slaughter yard, blacksmith shop, warehouse, livery stable. F.A. Hoofman & Co. Real Estate Office – John W. Lawrence, Agent. Population reached about 500. After 1871, town was moved to Little Cottonwood Canyon and renamed Ragtown. Several unmarked graves are all that remain.