From 1870 to 1877 the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints held their services in school-houses. In 1872 Joseph G. Fackrell deeded the land upon which the first one-room adobe church was erected, donated labor and produce providing the means. Wm. Stewart Muir was the first bishop, succeeded in 1885 by Joseph H. Grant. The original adobe was used in the amusement hall of the second church, dedicated Feb. 21, 1904. The present chapel was added to the amusement hall in 1958.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup