, , , , , , ,

ARP09 032

From 1885 to 1889, the pioneers who located on the Muddy three miles N.E. from the town of Emery built in their poverty, a tunnel 1200 feet long through blue slate rock to bring water to the town. Their only tools were pick and shovel and blasting powder. They hauled dirt out in a two wheeled cart and sank three shafts to hoist dirt in wooden buckets by horse power. Their living quarters were dugouts along the creek.

This is DUP Marker Number 142, see others here.

ARP09 031

DUP # 142

DUP # 142

20140810_193540 20140810_193549