History of Eggett Memorial Park
Aaron and Sarah Smethurst homesteaded 160 acres on this site in 1895.
John and Mary Eggett bought the early pioneer farm for $400 in 1902 and raised nine children here. Farm animals, orchards, and a garden provided most of their needs. The Eggett family held all the property until 1959, when part of it became Memorial Estates Cemetery. After the floods in 1983, a landfill bridge was built to the east and the John Eggett family donated three acres to Bountiful City for this park while the remainder was subdivided.
See other parks in Bountiful here.