Built in 1911, this house was first occupied by Elias and Agnes Beckstrand. Elias was an engineering professor at the university and was appointed head of the department. He authored several works in this field and served as the consulting engineer for Utah Copper and the Utah State Road Commission.

244 South Douglas Street in the University Neighborhood and the University Neighborhood Historic District in Salt Lake City, Utah