Snow Academy Building
Constructed between 1889 and 1908, this building was the first permanent home of Snow Academy, which in 1923 became Snow College. The school was founded in 1888 as the Sanpete Stake Academy and was one of the eleven academies established by the Mormon Church in Utah during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Almost three-fourths of the total construction cost of $56,000 was provided by local donations of labor and means; the balance came from the church. The building serves as a monument to the determination and sacrifice demonstrated by its pioneer builders. This building originally housed all the functions of the school. As the school grew, the building came to be known as the Administration Building and then the Noyes Building in honor of Newton E. Noyes, who served as principal at the time of construction, and later as president for a combined period of twenty nine years (1892-1921).