Olsen Oldsmobile and Chevrolet
In 1923 Jack Olsen and Jim Compton were running their auto repair shop on 125 North, in 1925 Jack bought Jim’s shares in the company and established Olsen’s Motor Service, signing the first Oldsmobile selling agreement. The first Oldsmobile was sold to W.O. Rollins of Mountain Green.
In 1926 he purchased the Parkinson building at 167 N Commercial Street.
In 1929 the first Chevrolet dealership contract was signed and in 1933 this photo was taken: