Lorna H. Matheson Wall
This beautiful wall was constructed in the 1860’s by Fort Douglas. It was originally part of the old rifle range. The wall was ultimately buried and had not been seen for decades.
At the time of building the neuropsychiatric institute to the south it was uncovered and scheduled for demolition. Lorna stopped the demolition and got the approval of the Research Park Administration to save it for all to enjoy.