Built in 1915, designed by David C. Dart
Constructed as the home of Francis and Mary Ellen Hagensbarth. The house originally featured an eclectic mix of details from a variety of architectural styles. The half-timbering on the second story and massive west chimney are reminiscent of the Tudor Style, while the low-pitched tile roof and paired brackets under the eaves are hallmarks of the Italianate Revival. The porch piers feature Classical cartouches, yet the roof ridgecaps hint of China.
Francis Hagensbarth was the president of a livestock empire that included 3 million acres of sheep and cattle ranches in Idaho, Montana, and Mexico. He and Mary Ellen built this elaborate house after their more modest Victorian house on the site burned in 1914.
Alma Larkin purchased the house in 1925 and began using it for his mortuary business. The house underwent a major remodeling in 1956 when a large east wing was added and many of the exterior ornaments removed. The original entrance with its beautiful art glass as well as much of the west side of the house remain intact.