From evidence of title search, city directories and Sanborn Maps, this home appears to have been built about 1878. The first resident of the home was Joseph A. Silver.
Silver was born July 15, 1857, in Brooklyn, New York. He was married to
Ellen Watson and Elizabeth Fames. He had 14 children who survived him. He was president and manager of Silver Bros. Iron Works which was organized in 1886. He was active in making equipment for mining. He was a member of the LDS Church. He died February 11, 1930, Silver received the property from George C. Lambourne in 1878. Silver deeded the property to Louise M. Silver and her husband, James W. Silver in 1910. Silvers lived here through 1940.
This is a one-story house which appears to be a modification of a vernacular “gable-façade”, “T” plan. Exterior detailing such as the bay windows on the northeast gable and the bay gable on the southeast side suggest Victorian eclectic patternbook influences. Fluted rectangular columns support the porch. The southeastern hipped roof bay exhibits some rough faced stone lintels. – Tom Carter