Woolen Mill – Built 1870

One of the major industries of the Brigham City Co-op, the woolen mill produced wool on 200 spindles and 7 looms. By 1877 the mill produced $42,000 worth of wool in 44 weeks.

After the co-op closed, James Baron bought the mill and renamed it Baron Woolen Mills. Baron family members operated the mill until it was sold outside the family in 1988. The business continues under the Baron name.

The mill was greatly damaged in the fire of June 29, 2014, with the intent to rebuild it. However, according to newspaper accounts, the mill was so severely damaged by a subsequent fire on July 20, 2015, that it had to be demolished.

Located at 56 North 500 East in Brigham City, Utah and is #15 in the Brigham City Historic Tour and #207 of the S.U.P. historic markers.

Photos from google street view in 2013: