Built in 1893, John and his Brother in law Andrew Nelson Jr. along with with Andrew’s two younger brothers were the original setters of Ferron at the original Molen townsite. The foundation for this home was made of rock quarried up the canyon while the rest of the home was built of adobe bricks fired in an on site kiln.

The Andrew Nelson Jr Home is a twin to this home.