LDS 12th Ward Chapel in Salt Lake City. Erected 1941.
630 East 100 South in Salt Lake City, Utah
12th Ward Boundaries: (*)
On the north by South Temple St. (or the 18th and 20th wards), east by 6th East St. (or the 11th Ward), south by 3rd South St. (or the 8th and 9th wards), and west by Main St. (or the 14th Ward)
1849 – 12th and 13th Wards were among the original nineteen wards of Salt Lake City organized in February, 1849
12th Ward contained nine ten-acre blocks, extending from South Temple to 3rd South St. and from 3rd to 6th East streets
13th Ward was bounded on the north by South Temple St. (or the 18th Ward), east by 3rd East St. (or the 12th Ward), south by 3rd South St. (or the 8th Ward), and west by Main St. (or the 14th Ward).
1904 – part of the Salt Lake Stake of Zion until 1904, when the Ensign Stake was organized
1908 – amalgamation of the 12th Ward and the 13th Ward took place Jan. 28, 1908
The 12th ward is one of the original 19 wards in Salt Lake City in 1849, you can see the others on this page.
Pingback: Historic Churches in Salt Lake City | JacobBarlow.com