Utah Territorial Statehouse

One of Utah’s State Parks, also D.U.P. Marker #7, this was Utah’s first capitol building.

Built from 1852 to 1855, the statehouse was initially intended as a larger structure, but only the south wing was completed before the project was abandoned due to lack of federal funding, and the Utah Territorial Legislature only met in the building once before the capital was moved to Salt Lake City in 1856.

A rendering of what the building would have looked like if they had continued construction: