Utah’s First Capitol
Creating Fillmore City and Millard County the Territorial Legislature of Utah selected Pahvant Valley, as Capitol site October 29, 1851. This spot was selected by Governor Brigham Young. Construction work began in 1852. Truman O. Angell, architect and Anson Call, supervisor. This south wing was used by the fifth Territorial Legislature October 10, 1855. In 1856 the seat of Government was moved to Salt Lake City. Later used as Court House and County Headquarters. Restored in 1928 and dedicated as State Museum July 24, 1930.
Custodians; Daughters of Utah Pioneers
Millard County Company
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup