Cove Fort, completed April 12, 1867, by direction of Brigham Young, with L.D.S. Church funds, as a travelers way station and refuge from Indians. Ira N. Hinckley built and maintained it as a hostelry and residence until 1877. A well within the fort provided culinary water. Cove Creek supplied irrigation. One of its 12 original room s was used as a telegraph station. Early in 1861 Charles Willden built 3 rooms and a dugout, known as Willden’s Fort. This was a convenient campsite for President Young and other travelers.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup