Fillmore Pioneer Fort
This marks the Southwest corner of the Fort, built in October and November 1851 as
protection from the Indians, by first 17 families under direction of Anson Call, Jesse W. Fox, surveyor. About 2 city blocks in size, the front wall 8 to 10 feet high was built of
cobblestones, other walls of mud, straw and rocks. The East wall followed the foot
hills in circular form. Fort walls were used as back walls of homes. Mail station,
Church, School, recreation grounds, gardens, and corral were within and Chalk
Creek ran through the Fort.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup