Daniel Wood Log Homestead Cabin
Daniel Wood was a pioneer, who in 1848 settled on a large farm in the area that would later become Woods Cross.
He had 10 wives, in 1870 three of his sons from his second wife built the log homestead cabin about 3 miles west of Woods Cross, in an area known as the Baskin Ranch. The cabin was moved to the Wood farm sometime after 1871, and over the years was moved to several locations in what is now known as West Bountiful. One of Daniel’s sons, Joseph Cotton Wood, used the cabin as a blacksmith shop, and many useful inventions were created there, including the first wheelhoe ever used in Utah. The cabin was moved to the West Bountiful Park by the Historic Preservation Commission in July of 1997.