The Bishop’s Storehouse in Ephraim, Utah

This building was the Bishop’s Store House or Old Tithing Office. This home was built in 1906 and is just south of the co-op building. Tithing in the early days of Sanpete County was collected in kind. This home was used to store eggs, flour, wheat, chickens, etc., that were distributed to needy families in the community. It originally had two rooms, a vault for records, a cloak room, and a basement. A large barn was on the east end of the lot where tithing hay and animals were kept. Since 1929 the building has been used as a home and is now used by Zions bank.(*)

Related Posts: