Manti Motor Company
The Manti Motor Company Building, constructed in 1916 with a circa 1920 addition, is historically significant as the first automobile dealership in Manti and in the Sanpete Valley. Originally named the Utah-Idaho Motor Company, the business was first established in Manti to specifically deal in automobile sales. Three years after the company formed, the name was changed to the Manti Motor Company and would remain so until circa 1930, when the dealership went out of business. The building is also architecturally significant as an early rural example of a building constructed specially for sale sand service of the rapidly growing automobile industry. The building is a fine example of the craftsmanship of a local designer and builder, Lauritz Peder Miller. Miller designed and built houses for numerous prominent citizens in Manti, as well as many significant commercial and public buildings. This building is an important historical and architectural contribution to Manti’s Main Street commercial district that is comprised of late-19th to mid-20th century architectural examples.