400 North is a historical street. It was the route used by pioneers entering the valley Oct. 20, 1850. James Pace was the Captain whom the City of Payson was named for. The street was given the name of “Cow Lane” by early settlers as it was the street cows used traveling to pastures on the east and west of town. In 1888 it became the street herds of cattle and sheep used to get to the summer and winter ranges. It was used by herds over 100 years. It is still known by local residents as “Cow Lane” today.
340 W 400 N, Payson, Utah