The Pherson/Hansen/Christensen House.
Located at 244 S Main St in Ephraim, Utah.
This one-and one-half-story, red brick, Victorian cottage was built in 1895 by Willard Pherson. It has extensive wood ornament on the front porch and upper gable. The front picture window has a Roman arch of rusticated stones, echoed by another in the entry porch and a third in the trim of the front gable. The rooms have 14-foot high ceilings. The second story has stained-glass windows.
Pherson was a successful businessman and co-founder of the Bank of Ephraim. About 1908, Thorvold Hansen of J. N. Hansen furniture store lived with his wife and five children. Tragedy struck when Mrs. Hansen died prematurely in 1926 and a few years later when Thorvold was killed accidentally while visiting Salt lake. In 1939 the home was purchased by Seymour E. and Iva Christen, who lived here with their five children until their deaths in 1979. For ten years, the widely acclaimed Mormon Panorama paintings of C.C.A. Christensen were stored in this basement. Donated to BYU in 1952, this group of paintings are some of the finest examples of Utah pioneer art. In 1990 the home was purchased by Karen and Bruce Graser, who restored it and converted it to the Pherson Bed & Breakfast. Among the first guests were some of Christensen’s descendants and their spouses. It is now owned by Glen & Teri Morris who still run the Pherson House Bed & Breakfast.(*)