This is a one-story house with a gable facade and side wings forming a “T”.
Windows are double hung. The front porch has wooden Tuscan columns. The house has been covered with asbestos shingle siding, probably in the 1950’s. There is a small shed-roofed rear addition. The moulded cornice is extant.
This house appears to have been built in the late 1870’s by Richard Collett.
Collett was born April 10, 1847 in Watlington, Oxferdshire, England. In 1856 he converted to the LDS Church, the only member of his family to do so. He emigrated to Utah in 1863, arriving October 4. He worked as a shoemaker, successively for William Jennings, William Sloan “of the big boot”, ZCMI,” the Workingmen’s Coop, William H. Rowe, and the Deseret Tanning and Manufacturing Co. In the 1890’s he operated a general store from a small brick building next door, now 334. He was a member of Dimick Huntingtons martial band, the Tabernacle Choir, and the 19th Ward choir. His wife’s name was Mary. Collett died in 1904.