Scipio Co-operative Mercantile Institution
This 1 1/2 story vernacular Victorian-style Scipio Co-operative Mercantile Institution Building, constructed and in operation by 1883, is significant as a material of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Cooperative Mercantile system that started in 1868 and was organized in Scipio one year later. The co-op building was sold to a private party, E.M. Brown, in 1922, who continued to run it as a general retail store for several decades. The building retains its historic integrity and has recently been opened again as a retail store and museum.
Located at 110 North State Street in Scipio, Utah