Bushnell Hospital/Intermountain Indian School
In 1942, Bushnell General Hospital was built in Brigham City to treat World War II wounded. The hospital closed in 1946 after 13,000 army personnel were treated there.
In 1950, the Bureau of Indian Affairs converted the Bushnell facility to a boarding school for Navajo children. The school closed in 1984.
This historic marker is located in Brigham City, Utah and is #2 in the Brigham City Historic Tour and #55 of the S.U.P. historic markers.