Old Faithful #279
This engine is a symbol of an era past. It is a reminder of the significant part railroading played in the history of Pioche. #279 was purchased in 1927 from the Chicago-Northwestern Railroad Co., for use on the Jackrabbit to Pioche line by the Pioche Pacific Railroad Co. It was retired from service in 1939 and housed at Jackrabbit until it was donated to the town of Pioche in 1957 and moved to this located by a group of interested local citizens.