(was located 1/2 block east and 1/2 block north)
In the spring of 1864, fifteen families of pioneers came from Paris, Idaho and settled Clover Creek, the name used until President Brigham Young changed it to Montpelier. After building crude homes the settlers erected a large building of logs, which was used for church, school and community center. The roof was covered with willows, brush and clay. The bell topping this marker called the people together for many years.
The text above is from the Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #311, erected in 1965 and located on Clay Street in Montpelier, Idaho.
These photos were summited by Marshall Hurst: