In May, 1864 Brigham Young called Swan Arnell, Sr., Charles G. Keetch, Sr., Robert Pope, and Johh Windley with their families to settle here. Soon others followed. Charles Windley was the first child born in the village. The town site was surveyed and land divided into four sections. A combined church and school was built of logs in the center of town. William G. Young was the first presiding Elder and John A. Hunt, Sr. was first Bishop. The settlement was named for Apostle Charles C. Rich who settled this valley in 1863.
The text above is from the Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #211, erected in 1955 and located at 75 North Main Street in St. Charles, Idaho.
These photos were summited by Marshall Hurst: