Thomas Sleight Cabin
The Thomas Sleight Cabin was built in the fall of 1863 by Thomas Sleight and Charles Atkins, who with their wives, Marianne and Ann, occupied it together during the first winter of the settlement of Paris, Idaho.
It was first finished with a dirt floor and a sod roof. The logs were stripped of bark and notched but not cut or otherwise shaped and were chinked with mud to keep out the wind. The windows and door frames were set in with wooden pegs. It was ready for occupancy before the snow fell.
The text above is from the Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #441, erected in 1988 and located at 180 South Main Street in Paris, Idaho.
These photos were summited by Marshall Hurst: