A makeshift settlement known as Blake City had been located at this site as early as 1879 along the newly established mail route connecting Salina, Utah, and Ouray, Colorado. The site of the settlement was at a favorable crossing of the Green River. In 1883 the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad established an east/west line along that route, helping ensure the existence of the settlement. The town took on the name Green River in 1895, but it was not until 1906 that the first town council was elected and a new townsite laid out. Green River was officially incorporated in 1910. This period of municipal growth corresponded with the local “Peach Boom,” during which the peach industry was introduced and thrived. Other community advances at that time were the construction of a two-story brick school in 1910, the erection of a metal-truss wagon bridge across the Green River in 1910, the establishment of a Mormon ward (congregation) in 1904, and the formation of a Presbyterian congregation in 1906 and the construction of their building in 1907.(*)
- Bert Loper Memorial
- Crystal Geyser.
- G on the hill
- The Golden Ratio and Green River Art project.
- Green River Presbyterian Church
- Green River Test Site / Utah Launch Complex
- Major Powell, Colorado River Explorer.
- O.K. Anderson City Park with Athena Missile, Loki-Dart and more.
- Trooper Dennis “Dee” Lund
- Green River posts sorted by address