Cache Junction is ten miles northwest of Mendon, near a spring. The site was initially settled by Sylcanus Collett in 1867. The town was established in 1890 as an outgrowth of Benson and it became an important railroad junction on the union Pacific Railroad. Originally this area was divided into Petersboro No. 1 and No. 2 became Cache Junction. The railroad no longer uses the stop but a cafe and a few local residents still remain.