The township is an enclave of the City of Sandy.
White City was started by developers Ken White and Cannon Papanicholas in 1955. Ken White named “White City” and it became listed as a “census designated place” by the US Census Bureau. The first homes were built along Galena Drive in 1957. White City Water Company was developed to service the area owned by these developers. Later, in 1961, Sandy Suburban Service District was started to service this same area. Edgemont Elementary was the first school built, one of three elementary schools and one middle school within walking distance. The majority of White city was built in the fifties and sixties. White City was granted the status of township by The Salt Lake County Council on September 26, 2006.(*)
White City Posts: