Murray Laundry was a large-scale industrial laundry located at 4200 South State Street. It opened in 1910, and at its height employed hundreds of workers. It operated until 1977, at which point it fell into disuse. The site had nine artesian wells on location, and they built a tall water tower to store 240,000 gallons of water. The laundry served both commercial customers and families, and had both delivery routes and drive-in locations. The water tower still stands, as part of an apartment complex.