The Cabins – Valley of Fire State Park
These three cabins were built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) soon after the Valley of Fire became a state park in 1935. They are constructed of native sandstone and were used for many years to shelter campers and travelers to the park. The Cabins are now being preserved as a reminder of the work accomplished by the CCC throughout Nevada under the able direction of Col. Thomas W. Miller, Nevada’s first State Park Commission Chairman.
Approximately 9,000 persons visited the newly established Valley of Fire State Park in 1936. Today, several hundred thousand visitors enjoy the park each year.