The California Trail had its beginnings at several points along the Missouri River, and included several variant routes across the Great Basin and over the Sierra Nevada mountains into California. With the completion of the transcontinental railroad in 1869, most travelers made the journey by rail.
California Trail related posts:
- Central Overland Trail – Washington Square
- Salt Lake to Southern California Road
- Hastings Cutoff – Utah Outlet (Jordan River)
- Jedediah Smith’s Trail – Great Salt Lake
- Where Trails Meet – Raft River Valley Trails
- The Old Emigrant Road