Francis & Osgood General Merchandise
In 1898 Dr. Charles F. Osgood came to Morgan, 1900 was the earliest record of the Francis-Osgood Store. Arthur W. Francis and Dr. Osgood established a business of wholesale and retail sales in merchandise and farmer’s produce in this two-story store.
In 1904 the partnership dissolved and A.W. Francis was the sole owner.
In 1928 they rebuilt the store and made it one-story.
In 1933 they closed for 3 years due to the depression.
In 1937, after Arthur’s death, his son Harold and wife Vesta took over.
In the 1970’s the store closed.