In my exploring and documenting old homes and buildings I’ve come across some interesting clinker brick and been very interested in it. I didn’t know what it was at first and found it fascinating that some brick buildings had random odd shaped bricks or rocks poking out and eventually heard the story of Jennie Mangum seeing the pile of discarded bricks that had become twisted and damaged from overbaking and other parts of the brick making process. Jennie decided to do her entire home in these weird shaped or discolored bricks and it caught on.
Some of the placed I’ve seen it used are:
- Jennie’s home in Provo
- The Caithness Apartments in Salt Lake
- Johns Gymnasium in Mt Pleasant
- The Panguitch, Utah Carnegie Library.
- The Richfield, Utah Carnegie Library
- 485 S 800 W in Mapleton.
- 287 W 920 S in Provo.
- 354 W 300 S in Provo.
- 509 N 500 W in Provo.
- 137 W Center St in Spanish Fork.
- 63 E 300 N in Spanish Fork.
Pingback: Caithness Apartments | JacobBarlow.com