Echo, five miles east of Henefer, was settled in 1861 when Elias Asper and others built homes near a railroad mail station and blacksmith shop previously located. In 1871 Wm. L. Turpin hired Benjamin Lamb to build a three-story grist mill of red native pine. In 1873 the first flour was made with stone burrs imported from France. In 1899 Alfred Jones and son Marlow purchased the mill which served the people of Summit and surrounding counties until 1942. One stone burr is part of this monument.
This historic marker is located at 78 South Main Street in Henefer, Utah at the Daughters of Utah Pioneers building, see other markers also there on this page. It was previously located at the pioneer cabin on Center Street.