Alonzo P. Kestler purchased both of these properties from Andrew Howat, president of Houston Real Estate Investment Company, in 1909. With financing from the Ashten-Jenkins Company, Alonzo completed the first structure (at 268) in 1913 and the second (at 264) in 1915. In 1926 the entire complex was sold to John Praggastis and Katinia Karelus. John apparently gained control of the property as he was listed as sole owner in 1940.
This three story apartment is symmetrically arranged and has a flat roof. Four pilasters form portico with the roof and cover the balconies. There are wrought iron balustrades and stairs. – D. Diana Johnson