Dutch Flat was first settled by German brothers, Charles and Joseph Dornbach, and their wives, who built a log cabin on this site in the Spring of 1851.
In 1859, the Dornbachs donated land for a schoolhouse to be built. The school operated continuously until 1962. Residents built three schoolhouses on this site. It now serves as the Dutch Flat Community Center.
Located in Dutch Flat, California.
Hydraulic Mining Monitor
Used at Polar Star Mine, Dutch Flat, California 1890s to early 1900s