Mammoth Fire Station
This structure, constructed c. 1930, is significant for it’s association with the history of firefighting in Mammoth. In August 1912, the Mammoth City Council organized a volunteer firefighting unit, and on August 27, 1912, the first meeting of the Mammoth City Volunteer Fire Department, Number 1 was held. In December 1930, their name changed to the Juab County Fire Department. This building, built of brick, remains an example of the commercial style architecture of Mammoth. It continues to serve the firefighting needs of Mammoth. The Mammoth Fire Station was listed on the National Register March 14, 1979 as part of the Mammoth Historic District.