Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Camp
Foundations in this area mark the site of a CCC Camp which was operated by the United States government from 1939 to 1942. This camp included a number of buildings: A dozen large barracks officers quarters, mess hall, recreation hall, swimming pool and support bunkers. Young men between 17 and 20 years old worked on range projects and road developments primarily along the old Pony Express trail, the buildings were disassembled at the beginning of World War II. The green rock in the area is a volcanic tuff that is common to the Simpson Springs area.