Pioneer Cedar Cemetery
This spot of ground known as the Pioneer Cedar Cemetery was used from the time of the founding of Soda Springs “Upper Town” in 1871 to 1906. It contains over 42 marked graves and as many whose identification are unknown. Each plot was selected by squatters’ rights. Fenced and cared for by the family. After 1906 no new burials were made and many graves were moved to the Fairview City Cemetery. The majority of those left were victims of a diphtheria epidemic during the winter of 1890-91.
The text above is from the Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #278, erected in 1963 and located off of Pioneer Drive in Soda Springs, Idaho.
These photos were summited by Marshall Hurst: