In 1855-56 people of Ogden area started construction of this tabernacle, under direction of Stake President Lorin Farr. About fifty families donated labor, materials, etc. Wm. Nicol Fife, architect and builder and Walter Thompson were sent from Salt Lake City by Brigham Young to take charge of the erection. Foundation was rock, walls adobe, two feet thick, and interior finished with red pine from Strong’s Canyon, floated down Ogden River and sawed at Farr’s Mill. Roof arches were fastened with wooden pegs. Dedicated October 10, 1869 and remodeled in 1896 at a cost of $15,000. It was used until 1956 for Stake Conferences.
(Other DUP Markers are listed at JacobBarlow.com/dup)