Tags

, ,

ImageImageImage

Birdseye is at the junction of Thistle Creek and Bennie Creek, seven miles south southwest of Thistle Junction. It was settled in 1885 and named Summit Basin, then in 1897 the name was changed to Clinton. Later, the town was named Birdseye for the nearby birdseye marble quarries in the Indianola area to the southeast.(*)

See also,