Progress Building / Bank of American Fork
Located at 33 East Main Street in American Fork, Utah
The text below is taken from the historic marker on the building:
This build, originally named the Progress Building, has housed prominent local businesses since the late 1800’s. The architect for the building was James H. Pulley.
In January of 1913 the People’s State Bank of American Fork was formed by local citizens with capitalization of $25,000. The bank was originally located immediately east of this site.
In the mid 1920’s the bank moved into this building. The bank shared the building with the United States Post Office until the Post Office moved out in 1951.
The building was remodeled on a number of occasions to meet the growing needs of the bank. Major remodels occurred when the bank expanded to the north, then later two spaces west, formerly occupied by Taylor Drug and the Mint Bar. The current configuration of the bank was completed in the 1990’s.
In August of 1963 the name of the bank was changed to the Bank of American Fork. In 1998 a holding company, People’s Utah Bancorp was formed, which owns 100% of the bank. The building is home to the corporate offices of People’s Utah Bancorp and the bank which now operates throughout the state of Utah. The bank is proud to serve the posterity of those early founders and the current citizens of out community.