I’ve always got a kick out of visiting filming locations for movies and TV shows. I decided to start collecting pictures I take at locations and match them up with pictures of scenes from the movies/shows. Visit this page for more.
The movie Brigham City (2001) was mostly filmed in Mapleton and Springville, Utah which is where I grew up. I remember watching them film it, Richard Dutcher wrote and directed it and lived next door to me at the time ( I was 15-16 years old) and invited me and some friends to be extras but we didn’t think it was “cool” and said no. I regret that, it would be cool to see now. I do know many of the extras in the movie.
Filming locations I’ve come across for Brigham City.
- The Sheriff’s House
- The bridge near the mouth of Hobble Creek Canyon
- Mapleton City Park
- This abandoned cabin in Hobble Creek Canyon
- The Springville Historic Cemetery
- This statue of Brigham Young on BYU Campus
- This Church in Springville
- Ernie’s house in Mapleton
- This house on 1100 West in Mapleton
- The Bar, a.k.a. Joe Bandito’s
- This house on South Main Street
- This gas station in Mapleton
- This house on 1600 North in Mapleton
- The Evergreen Cemetery in Springville
This abandoned cabin in Hobble Creek Canyon:
This statue of Brigham Young on BYU Campus:
This Gazebo in Mapleton City Park:
The North side of Mapleton City Park:
This Church in Springville:
This gas station in Mapleton:
I grew up hiking up to this cross often, it overlooks Spanish Fork and Utah County better than most hikes this short could. We always called it Escalante Cross. Recently (Oct. 2015) an Eagle Scout Project added a plaque calling it Dominguez Hill Cross – I didn’t find anything to back that up but I guess if you add the plaque you can pick the name.
A couple other posts on this site about the cross are:
There’s a trail that parallels the road going up the Canyon, it’s an access trail to the Great Western Trail and is popular for hiking, biking and horseback riding.
We always called it Maple Canyon growing up here but I’ve heard it called Mapleton Canyon too and the maps don’t say either one.