Old Meeting House – Draper Fort
The north wall of the Old Meeting House stood near this monument. Here (1861-1869) Dr. John R. Park began his career as an educator in Utah. This school produced many of the state’s leaders and left an indelible love for education in Draper. The granite block in this monument was the south step of the old church. This spot was within the enclosure of the old adobe fort 184 yds. x 113 yds. The wall was 14 Ft. high and 3 Ft. thick.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup