This cabin, one of the first built on the Nine
Mile Creek in Marsh Valley, was erected by
William Jackson and Cyrus Coffin before 1866.
Later it was purchased by Abigail Coffin, who
with her sons, Nathan, Cyrus, and William were
among the first settlers. Others followed. They
took up land and built homes, using the cabin
for the first school and store. A branch
of the L.D.S. Church was created and in 1891
Cambridge Ward, about 2 1/2 miles north of Downey
was organized with William A. Coffin Bishop.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup